Read the Book
View online edition (PDF, c. 3.3 MB)
About the Book
In order to learn how the entrepreneurial imagination works, it is important to study the stories that entrepreneurs tell about how they turned their ideas into businesses.
In ACORN, the Spiro Institute for Entrepreneurial Leadership presents interviews with entrepreneurs as they tell their stories about the creation of their businesses. Not only do these interviews offer insights into the activities specific to venture creation, but they also demonstrate some of the thought processes involved. This volume focuses on entrepreneurs who have started businesses based around new technologies at Clemson University.
- ACORN (featuring William B. Gartner)
- Foxfire (featuring Jack Peck)
- Equi-Tox (featuring Dee Cross)
- Selah (featuring Michael Bollick)
- Invenca (featuring Elizabeth Cates)
- KIYATEC (featuring Matt Gevaert)
- SensorTech (featuring Charles Pringle, Andrew Clark, and Brent Buckner)
- Tetramer (featuring Earl Wagener, Steven Foulger, John Ballato, and Dennis Smith)